“Try to not let your mind wander, it’s much too small to be out on it’s own.”- Quote from a T-shirt
I have always found the scariest thought the one of losing your mind.
Your mind is your personal sanctuary the only thing you can truly claim as yours and yours only.
I have never had a great memory, I found it very hard to study at school which is in part why I left so early, I used to be a very big reader and as I get older I find I am having a lot of trouble reading more than a few pages in a book – I can read the words but am not able to always make sense of them.
I have kind of been living in blissful ignorance to the deteriorating state of my mind and short term memory, I suppose I am aware that I have been getting more forgetful about simple things – I have a pretty busy life and a lot on my mind, I leave the stove on, I forget appointments, peoples names, if I get distracted in the middle of something then the original thought is lost and so on – but so does everyone else… It has slowly become part of my daily life that I have to be more aware of – we talk about picture schedules for the kids and I think I need them for myself! Without the help of my trusty calendar I would probably be wandering aimlessly in a desert somewhere wondering how on earth I got there.
I recently had a conversation with somebody about loving old cars and was desperately trying to remember what type of car my Pop had that he had loved so much he had buried it in his backyard when it finally died. I sent an E-mail to my mum asking her to ask my Dad for me, that was about a week ago. Any way I went over to their house yesterday for Australia Day and asked mum if she had asked dad yet and I got a rather bewildered look in reply, I asked her if she hadn’t received the E-mail and she said she had and Dad had phoned me and told me the answer and then I had spoken to her for awhile. I honestly thought she was joking for some reason and when I confronted dad about it he told me that he rang me about it and to ask mum as she was sitting next to him and had spoken to me after. I have absolutely NO recollection of this phone call taking place, I had still been wondering on a daily basis while checking my e-mails why she hadn’t replied yet.
To top it off after I got home thinking perhaps my parents had been talking to a wrong number for 20min and they were just humouring them or something, Holger claims to remember this phone call occurring.
How can you just completely lose an entire phone conversation? It makes me wonder, what else am I forgetting?
By the way, in case I forget again – It’s a 1936 Black coloured… CRAP! … I think I wrote it down somewhere…
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh boy....you are busy! I getr like that too. You are not alone!
Okay, honesty here....
I completely understand what it's like to have 3 kids so close and so young. It's a ton of work and too much to remember. But....You really need to get that lab work done girl! I know you are ignoring it and hoping it goes away. You are toooooooo young to be forgetting things like that, and along with the other symptoms you've had, you should really check into it! love you!, Heather
Your not alone girl.
I'm with Heather - get the lab work done!!! Take care of yourself. I am forgetful, get busy, etc but have not had something like that completely wiped out of my head (especially a 20 minute phone call). I know you are so overwhelmed with helping Jaiden and raising your children - but please please please take care of yourself :) And, keep us updated ofcourse!
I'm worried about you.....get that checked out, please!
I have another friend with 4 kids under the age of 5 the oldest with WS...she has many of the same issues with memory. On too many occasions to mention she has stated" I'm just trying to keep my head above water at this point" everything else goes by the way-side. I myself get into moods when I totally forget things I shoudl have rememebered, stress can do that to you. Please, check with the dr, make sure it is nothing medically going on and take a break for yourself!!!
Noel
It would be good to get that checked out...most definitely. That being said, I am a complete airhead a lot of the time with no memory at all. I hope this improves for you...your life has been a busy one lately!
It is very scary, not being able to remember things. My paretnts say they worry that I am so forgetful, but I just say of being a busy single parent and having to recall everything. Nonetheless, this is a little extreme so watch yourself darling.
Amy
Post a Comment