Hello, long time no update! We have been pretty busy down under – Holger had a few weeks off work so we have enjoyed being able to spend time together as a family for the first time in ages.
First of all, No -we havnt had the results yet - the office re-opens today so hopefully we should have the news this week!? Ive been saying that alot recently - perhaps the results were negative and so they decided not to call and will only send out a letter...?
Christmas day was lovely, the kids woke at the crack of dawn to overflowing Christmas Stockings – for some reason Santa decided to include whistles this year so the house was ringing at 6am!
The kids got heaps of presents and Jai’s favourites are a keyboard with a microphone – he just sits there banging away and singing for AGES (poor neighbours), he also likes a dinosaur my mum gave him that roars, has flashing eyes and walks – he presses the button watches it walk, laughs at the roaring and pushes the button again.. Another pressie that was a hit was a tent with a tunnel and tepee that a friend got the boys, Jai spent ages crawling through the tunnel with his cat (she is still a kitten at heart and the tunnel crinkles as she goes through it). He also got a Pirate play set and genuinely TRIED to play with it but it wasn’t cooporating the way he thought it should so he screamed at it , made me put it away and told me that he doesn’t like it – despite that of course Liam isn’t allowed to play with it!
Liam got a walking Dinosaur too and decided to aim both the dinosaurs at each other and set them going so they could fight. Boys! Lachie was a bit cranky because HE didn’t get a dinosaur of his own but has been quite happy with his Bob the Builder dress up and tool kit – he loves “Biwding wiv my tools!” The main pressie we bought for the kids hasn’t arrived yet – should be any day now, its a huge 14ft Round Trampoline with a safety net around it, our neighbours have one and the kids LOVE it and they are 9, 12 and 14 –so we figure we should get a fair bit of use out of it!
The 27th was my Birthday and my Sister in Law took the boys over night for us so we could go out to dinner and sleep in! It was a lovely dinner and Holger surprised me in the morning by having a fully cooked breakfast with fresh fruit and a bunch of flowers on the table waiting for me when i woke up. He isn’t usually the romantic type so this was a pretty big deal!
We had a quiet New Years, managed to stay awake just long enough to watch the fireworks decend over Sydney Harbour on TV and went to bed – LOL Im getting old!
We went down to the South Coast on the 3rd for a night as a spur of the moment need to get out of the house – unfortunately i probably should have read the weather forcast as it was cold and raining the whole time.. Oh well it got us out of the house at least!
The weather here is good for Camels but im over it – i hate Summer! Then again, I hate Winter, I have to rake up too many leaves in Autumn and Spring is always windy. LOL I think I just complain too much! Give me a tropical island that is 25 degrees (Celcius) all year round. Ahhhh
I think Jai might be having a bit of a learning burst, he just seemed to understand so much more of what i am saying at the moment and is responding appropriately – we had a pretty long conversation this morning and he really seemed to ‘get’ all of it. He is also now able to swap his "baby voice" he tends to speak with, for a "big boy voice" when asked to - his real voice is actually quite deep and im so used to this high pitch baby voice that he normally has, it sounds quite funny coming out of his mouth!
Well thats us up to date! Happy New Year everyone!
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday!
Happy Belated Birthday!
Sounds like you all had a great, and busy Christmas and New Year.
Happy Belated Birthday!
That was so sweet of Holger to do that for you. Glad you all had a nice vacation! I can't wait for Spring. I am really getting the itch to get outside and do anything!
I am glad that you posted. I have been wondering about the results. Hopefully you hear soon!
Happy Belated Birthdya! Sounds like you had a good time.
I can't wait for nice weather, we got a taste of it over the weekend and now I really can't wait!
Noel
Happy Birthday. Glad you had lots of family time. Happy New year!!
Happy Bday!! Sounds like you've been having a fun time~ waiting waiting waiting for your update!!!
I am glad everyone had a great Chrissie - it always amaxes me out of all the loot which toy will be THE ONE! There seems no way of knowing (not to this inexperienced mama anyway!)which will be the hit - but I know the brats would love to have Jai in their band. I hope 2008 is a good one - lovely to hear of Jai's 'burst' - it is such an amazing thing to watch. After a week away from the twins I was convinced that both the little brats had just gone on growing up without me.
Post a Comment