Thursday, January 31, 2008

Speech Assessment

Jai had his speech assessment yesterday and he did BRILLIANTLY!

The problem areas were the receptive language, following multistep instructions and directions up/under/next to etc. Wh questions although Leanne couldnt get over how much he has improved from absolutely no 'Wh' comprehension 6 months ago and to think 12mnths ago he could barely talk at all :) Basically we dont have to go back for a month and we are to keep on with what we have been doing as its working!
Im so proud of him and he got a dinosaur stamp and a spiderman sticker, so he was pretty happy too!
Liam starts Kindagarten on Monday and Jai preschool the following week - they are all growing up so fast!!!
February is going to be busy, Li starts kindy, pre-school+ EIU IEP meetings, Pre-school & EIU! Developmental Paed, Speech, Multi Diciplinary Therepy Assesment, Jais Opthamology appt - Augghhh, thankgoodness i have a large calander!

8 comments:

Penny said...

You have a very busy week coming up. Good luck and I hope it all goes both well and easy for you

Julie said...

Good job Jaiden. Remember to take a breath with all that is going on.

Noel said...

Great news!!
Boy, the kids grow up too quickly don't they!? It's fun to watch them grow and change but at least, I think mine should slow down a bit...mom can hardly keep up!!

Sounds like you will be very busy!!

Noel

Anonymous said...

Yeah-Thank God for calendars! :)
So glad it went well!

Michelle said...

good news on the speech assessment! Sounds like Feb is going to be quite busy!

Kerry said...

:):):) Yeah... love good news! :)

Mercedes said...

Katie, it's Mercedes, Niko's mom. I'm so happy you commented! I laughed in sheer delight when you mentioned our similarities. Especially when I tell you that I'm originally a bimbo blonde...the red (and black and brown and green...well, not the green) is just for fun. :)

anna said...

Yes, I would be lost with out calendars, as a matter of fact I still am even with the one on our wall, on my phone and my computer. Gald all is going well!!
Anna