Monday, May 26, 2008

oh for the love of... footwear...

I have an on going battle with Jaidens feet, he has quite short feet that are exceptionally wide and finding shoes is difficult. I am currently having to replace them on a monthly basis as he rips the velcro fasteners off because he pulls it so tight, and shoe laces are not an option. He also scuffs his feet as he walks putting holes in the toes and then he picks them apart with his fingers!
So just before, Jaiden runs into the room from the backyard and starts jumping on the couch - he says "mum can you buy me new shoes?" I reply "Yes Jai, on thursday remember? Now hop off the couch" And he bursts into tears, "No NOT THURSDAY, I need new shoes NOW!" ~still jumping~ So i say "Jaiden, we have talked about this, we will get the shoes on Thursday" So he screams at me "NOW!", I say "NO!" and then says "But these ones have dog poo on!!". Me: "GET OFF THE COUCH!!!!"
sigh...
Jai: I have new shoes when Liams picked up?
me: No, thursday.
Jai: Is it thursday?
Me: No its Tuesday. Thursday is in two sleeps.
Jai: ~screaming~ BUT I want it THURSDAY now!!
Me: Jaiden Stop.
Jai: sorry mum. Can i have new shoes now?
AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
He is STILL GOING ON ABOUT IT.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my! Dog poop on the couch!
Very cute picture of Jai. He is looking very grown up! His vocabulary has really taken off! I reckon he is doing some good catching up lately :)
Is it Thursday yet?

Amy said...

I have heard New Balance shoes come in wide...do you guys have those? Tell him today is Friday and he missed Thursday because he was fussing too much!
lol!!!!
Amy

Michelle said...

I like Amy's answer LOL Isn't it funny (or annoying!) how they so easily forget what you've already told them and ask over and over and over! Kayla does that when she wants a snack and I tell her not until after dinner; then I hear it every min LOL

Tes said...

aaarrrrrhhhhh. been there done that, makes me bonkers! But when it is finally time to give her what she wants, she makes you feel like a heel. "Thank you so so much mommy, thank you. I love it"

Lila's mommy