Holger and i were taken out to dinner last night by some friends of ours, we went to a nice little restaurant in the city and dined and chatted all child free. It was rather pleasent! During the evening our friends started talking about the restaurant we were in and told us that they are planning on buying it! They then asked us if we would be interested in going into partnership with them!!
So we have rather alot to think about... The price is fair and the business is running at a good profit, we both have kids and understand they take 1st priority.. however, I have no hospitality experience what so ever and i would be the one working there, i am also ridiculously clumsy (think Susan from Desperate Housewives)and i have been sick and am quite likely to get sicker... I have a feeling that this could be a great oppertunity and as was pointed out to me they are already running at a profit now and the owner doesnt work in there, my friends Hubby would run the place, he has been managing cafes and restaurants his whole working life, so if worst came to worst i wouldnt have to work.
Oh i dont know... big decisions... any opinions would be greatfully accepted!!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey, I say if you can swing it, go for it! Sounds like a great opportunity. :)
It does sound like a great opportunity. I know that there can be long hours in the restraunt businees but if it is split up between other people it might not be so bad!
Noel
As long as they have experience I say go for it! It sounds like you work hard as it is, so might as well work for yourself. It will be long hours and stressful, but could be great!
xoxo
Amy
Sounds like a great opportunity.
Wow, what a opportunity. I am sure your friend knows all the possible pit falls and he seems ready and willing, I say go for it. Who knows you may be cut out for the hospitality business!
Best wishes
Lila's mommy
I hate to play the devil's advocate, but I have to. Business and friendship don't necessarily coexist. Just something to think about.
By the way, Jai is getting cuter every day!
Post a Comment