Reading the blogs this morning has gotton me thinking, Nancy spoke of the grief associated with old toys and baby clothes that brings back awful memories of infancy and the sense of Loss.
I was thinking that i dont really hold any value to the toys or clothes themselves, i figure this must be because these were not Jaidens to begin with, they were Liams and were passed on to Jaiden then to Lachie so they dont hold specific memories of any one child.
I suddenly realised that i am starting to resent Lachlan. This makes me feel so awful, my beautiful baby boy who is developing perfectly and now speaking so many words, with a gorgeous smile and i can only look at him with sadness. I love him, of course i do but i just cant get excited over his milestones the way i should.
Everyone gets so excited when he uses several words together and demonstrates that he has perfect understanding of everything going on around him, they clap and cheer and all i want to do is cry. Its eating me up that oneday he will casually pass Jaiden cognitivly without even blinking. I try and think, hey he hasnt got a diagnosis at the moment anyway, maybe the light is going to switch on, i will wake up tomorrow morning and everything will be 'normal'.
I also feel guilty for wanting 'normal', if all was 'normal' i would never have had the fulfilling experience of 'meeting'all of these wonderful people in the blogging community, im in some ways so glad that i have had this oppertunity, my eyes are so wide open to the world now. Rollercoaster.
In another note, my Mother in Law had a hip replacement last week and all was going swimmingly, she was discharged from hospital on Saturday and looking good except for some excessive swelling in her leg - they sent her home with blood thinner injections to prevent clots, but she got admitted back to Hospital last night when she woke up and couldnt breathe - All i know at this stage is they are worried she may have a clot and that it or part of it has gone to her lung, or of pnemonia. So fingers crossed it will be the latter and nothing a good dose of antibiotics wont fix.
Monday, October 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Katie, I'm on the downhill part of the rollercoaster right now as well. I used to wait for that beautiful, sunny morning when Caleb would wake up 'normal'. Now I know that will never happen. I guess I am still going through the exceptance stage. We are coming up on a year now for his DX. some days are good and some are not. I did go through some of the same feelings when my youngest was passing Caleb at breakneck speed. Now they are like twins.sorta. Just really try to remember they are seperate people and Lachlan deserves all that praise. Jaiden makes his own progress on his own schedule and his accomplishments are just a grand.
I sure hope your MIL is okay. As hard as they are to relate to somedays, you still care about them and wish them no harm. ~ xoxo Heather
Wow Katie. Your post hits home. Koen is just six months but I've already looked at Bob and said "wow, as fast as he's developing it won't take him long to pass Payton". It's sad to look back and see how long it took our children with ws to sit up, crawl, babble, etc and Koen is already doing a lot of that. It's heartbreaking.
I hope your MIL is okay-I'll be anxious to hear.
I can't relate to anyone passing Noah because he is my youngest but I can see things he may not ever accomplish and it makes me sad. My girls all do well in school and it is not a struggle for them. I just have to accept Noah for the person he is and enjoy the gifts he does have.
thank you for sharing your feelings so honestly; this is actually something I've been thinking about lately. I'm due in Feb and this baby and Kayla will be almost 5 yrs apart, but I still fear that I'm going to have some of those feelings you've described - about passing Kayla up in the milestone catgeories and just general life stuff I guess. I know I don't have any advice to offer, but I'm glad you shared because now I realize I'm not the only one who feels this way - and Kayla doesn't even have a sibling yet! :)
Will keep your MIL in my prayers!
I had my "typical" child first and I think back now about how excited I was when he hit milestones early... and today when other parents tell me "Little Henry is only three months and weighs 20 pounds!" and I say "great!" and I am thinking ... "Ummm, whopdeedoo" ... but then I remember I was exicted that time way back when with Michael. I think I appreciate the milestones much more now with Brady because he's working hard to get there, and with Michael it all came so easily.
I suppose I'm mourning more because there is no "normal" child here and will never be. I just don't have the strength to try again with a 40% chance of miscarriage and another high risk pregnancy at my age. There is something in me telling to me to stop...and looking at those baby things makes me want to cry. I will likely never be a grandmother, and that sucks, too.
However, re-reading what I wrote makes me feel better. It is obvious I would rather focus on what I have now than my life 3 years ago and what I thought would be that wasn't meant to be.
Heavy, heavy stuff.
Hope your MIL is better soon. :(
Post a Comment