Aughh!
Jai is going through a phase of turning everything into something bad or spider related! Does anyone else have these problems?
Jai:Look mummy, i drew a cat!
Me: Oh wow sweety, thats beautiful!
Jai: and its got claws and it will SCRATCH YOU until you dead.
Me: Oh....
Me: Look Jai, here is your favourite car!
Jai: I like my car, it might squish you though... maybe it will squish the spider and the spider will be dead. Then it wont be dead after all and it will BITE me and i will be sick sick sick and dead ~imitates dying~.
Me: um...??
Jai: I wanna go to school
Me: you can go to school tomorrow!
Jai: I WANNA GO SEE MISS CLARKE NOWWWWW!!
Me: You get to see Miss Clarke tomorrow
Jai: Is she dead?
Me: No... she is at home today, you can see her tomorrow
Jai: ~starts making crying face~ but she will be dead tomorrow, cause the spider bite her!
Me: AUGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Awe, poor Jaiden. He is being preoccupied with the thought of spiders. I share that fear with him. Yeah, Caleb focuses on things that have scared him in the past, and just can't let them go. He was scared at a Halloween party by a guy with a chainsaw,(loud surprise)(not good) and that was two years ago. He is totally obsessed with chainsaws to this day. At first he would not even go outside. Now he is just obsessed, and a majority of his conversations include chainsaws.
No, Keith has not yet done any of this.
No, Payton hasn't done any of this yet. She gets very anxious about spiders, snakes, lightning, clocks, etc but she really doesn't carry on that much of a conversation yet. She's still at the point where if I try to answer her or say something back she usually responds "what?" over and over and over......
Ella, my 3 almost 4 year old, recently added "dead" to her vocabulary and does use it a few times a day. I think for her it is just a new, powerful word that she plays around with. Just this morning she was blissfully flying one of her My Little Pony's gracefully in the air when she suddenly slammed her into the wall and exclaimed, "Oh yeah, she's totally dead!".
With all our hospital visits lately, the death of my mom and our cat, Michaela talks about being dead and death a lot. For her though, I thinks she's asking a lot of questions trying to sort out what it actually means.
You have a way with words, girl, and I think Jai is following in your footsteps, trying new stuff out. He will be a great storyteller in the long run. For now, though, he is a bit like Stephen King. I'll get back to you on this when Erik has a couple more years on him. Hang in there!
Ava isn't able to express her self that well verbally but she has tried to inflict some serious bodily harm to me, I think she is going to become a pro-wrestler and specialize in head butting.
When Jai is older I'm sure he will be getting A's in writing class, hang in there.
Post a Comment