Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Geneticist

A few of you asked if Dr Morris ever got back to me, No, she hasnt - she is pretty busy and im not even a US resident so i suppose im probably not really a priority.
I did however, just get a letter from the Genetics Dept here stating that they have made us an appointment on the 19th of December (gotta love the waiting lists) and the letter also says that they have a new geneticist and she wishes to review Jaiden.
That was all there was to it so im not sure if she is reviewing all the patients or what - but perhaps she will give us some new clarity about Jai's case.
Meanwhile we had an IEP meeting and have decided to exit him out of EIU as he is enjoying the pre-school environment so much and fitting in really well, anxiety and behavioural issues doesnt seem to be an issue there, and there really isnt much to be gained from the EIU that cant be done at home with me.
Im glad because my Mondays and Tuesdays were basically consisting of running around like a headless chook and not really spending quality time with anyone!
I really must buy a new camera (i want to get a video + camera combo) so that i can put up videos of the kids, they are so funny!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see videos of your kids! I'm so glad the geneticist is going to see Jai again - however I hate that you have to wait until Dec. Glad you have your foot in the door, though.

Julie said...

I am glad the geneticist is going to see you although it stinks that you have to wait until December. Can't wait to see videos, they are so cute.

Heather said...

For those of you wondering what a chook is, it's a chicken. Wow, that is great Katie, about the geneticist. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise? I gave up, and then it fell in my lap. Maybe that is what this is? cool about the EIU. I am glad he is doing so well! Your kids are super cute! I would love to see them in motion! Lots of love, Heather

Noel said...

I totally love the pictures of the boys on the side bar!!
I am glad that Jai is doing so well at school. I wish that you din't have to wait so long for the genetics appoinment, that just stinks!
Hugs,
Noel

Penny said...

I can't believe you have to wait until December. Perhaps you can get on the cancellation list?

Laura said...

That's great that the geneticist wants to see him again.
Sounds like he's doing well at school!

I love the pictures you have of the boys....it would be wonderful to see video too!