Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Frustration vent

OK. I am officially sourcing a new GP.
I popped into the GP to drop Lorelai off (her mum sees the same doctor as me and so we met up there).

Jai was just sitting in the stroller with his hands up a bit as they often are doing his growly'hummmmm'noise (autistic style).
and the GP passed by and says to me "dont worry so much, he looks like a regular kid"
It just struck me as an odd comment out of nowhere, I hadnt even spoken to her at all and especially because in reality i would have thought most almost 4yr olds probably dont usually sit in a stroller
hum-growling ...
Maybe Jai is completely normal and all the other kids are super children or something.
N E way this just proved to me that she is only humouring me with any tests she does and apparently thinks im crazy.

12 comments:

Julie said...

She sounds like a real idiot.

Nancy said...

I second the motion.

Noel said...

Keep searching you know your child better than anyone else does!!

Noel

Laura said...

I agree, dump her!!!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

sorry, messed up my first comment.
Katie, get rid of her. I've found that GP's only do the basics. Maybe she is intimidated by the thought of something she doesn't understand? do not be like me and let Jai's DX take 9 years. Any good pediatrician will look at Jaiden and his symptoms and order any test that fits. This is a sensitive subject for me. You know best. You don't need that idiot dr.anymore. You can do better. Drop her today! For Jai! xoxo, heather

Amy said...

She is insane, crazy dr. Glad you came to this realization. Drs that don't listen, don't ask help from other doctors, or say stupid things like that are NOT GOOD DOCTORS. Avery's doc treats me like I walk on gold, and treats Avery like she is wonderfully special. It is actually kind of neat(:
Amy

Anonymous said...

What an idiot. I agree with Noel - you know your child better than anyone. Payton's first two doctors made me feel that way and I finally found one who listened. Basically took him 15 minutes to decide she needed to see a geneticist. Get rid of this one and find a good one!!

Michelle said...

That does sound like an odd comment to make!

Thank you so much for your comment and reassuring me my feelings were valid and completely normal because they pertain to me and my child. You're right, no matter what we may be going through someone else is going through something else that is probably worse, but I can't help that. I just didn't want to offend anyone by coming across the wrong way in my venting about the tubes :)

Teresa and Shawn said...

Get a new doc. Like Noel said, you know your child better than any doctor!

Ava's Grandma Kim said...

What a ridiculous comment, especially from a doctor. Definitely time to dump the doc. You will feel better. Clare's mom and Tatum's mom both had to "fire" a doctor, and both of them seemed much happier once the deed was done.

Good luck!

Kim

Kerry said...

Unbelieveable! Go with your gut, always :)