Hmmm, Jaiden looks particualy 'Williamsy'today.
I often dont notice anymore. Its just Jai. His WS style features are subtle anyway and his hairstyle seems to hide it quite a bit. Though one good thing about this syndrome - these kids are really cute!
But today It seems very obvious. From first thing this morning when i woke up to a cheeky grinning face looking at me. Its been so obviously on his face and in his body movements all day - large mouth always a bit open, big lips, puffy eyes and you know the way they hold there little hands slightly up and some fingers curled and some out? I look at him and just see 'Williams'.
Spring has truley sprung here, our grass has greened up considerably thanks to our water tank investment over the winter. The daffodils are flowering and its so beautifully warm outside. Unfortunatly i seem to have hayfever again this year - im not sure what is causing it, i had never had it in my life before until moving to this house two years ago!
I got a mini-trampoline from mum today but Jaiden wasnt impressed "too small!! Want higher!!" Our neighbours have a lovely big one and they have painted a big white spot on the middle of it to try and help Jai remember to stay in the middle when he goes on it. Maybe one of those big new fangled round tramps with the big safety net is in our future...
Somebody pointed out that Christmas is a mere 3months and 1 day away! Every year i promise to organise myself early but i always end up starting my shopping Christmas Eve 1 hour before the shops close. So this year i again make this promise and i will top it off with plans to lose weight for my New years resolution!
Wish me luck :-)
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Jaiden's WS features are very subtle. He sure is cute. I see it more and more in Erik as he grows.
I like the fact your spring is September to November because I know that somewhere as my flowers are gasping their last breath, your daffodils are pushing up and showing their faces! That makes me feel better. Maybe someday we can come visit you. We know of a WS adult in New Zealand, too. It's a good excuse to travel!
Katie, your plans sound like mine. I actually started ordering gifts online a little at a time. Beats the crowds and some stores even have free shipping around Christmas time! Nancy is right. The features come more as they grow. Some days are more willamsy than others. caleb looked that way to me yesterday. I hate that you have to wait to find out. It is killing me and I'm thousands of miles away. Have you sought a new doctor yet for Jai?
I wait to buy for the kids until the beginning of December because they end up changing there minds. I think Lexi wants catching gear for softball. Not sure what Grace wants. Last year she was really into American Girl, now she never touches it. Now she is into Pokemon stuff. Noah could still care less. Maybe I'll just give him the boxes the girls stuff comes in. :) He would love it. I see the williams features in Noah often, especially his smile.
I have days like that too - where Payton just looks Williams-y. And - you're right - it's nice because they're sooo cute :) I've always heard it shows in their appearance more the older they get. I'm noticing this with Payton. Jai is a doll....I wish we could get all these kids together some time.
I've noticed Michaela looking more Williamsy as she has gotten older. When I look at pictures at age 2-5ish, her features were very subtle. Now, I can really see it.
Jaiden is just a doll!
I can shop in advance for Aaron, he's easy. Michaela's mind changes like the wind, it's not worth shopping for her until last minute.
I totally get your post. Emerson, as well, has days where the Williams features are all that I see. I do think that if she didn't have WS she would be my minnie-me, but I try not to torment myself with thoughts like that.
Emerson's features are becoming more and more Williamsy as she grows and she is getting cuter and cuter as she grows. I think one of the reasons I am so attached to all of "my" kids (aka all of your kids)is because the WS features that so connects them. It is undeniable.
Post a Comment