Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thinking single thoughts....

Yes that title does describe my average intelligence but also i am trying / praying with single thoughts since my last GP visit informed me that my HCG levels are really high for how far pregnant i am and this either means i am several weeks out in my EDD (unlikely) or its possibly.... twins.
I REALLY dont think i could cope with 5 children right now and so since the damn ultrasound place wont fit me in for another 3 weeks as "its not an emergancy" i am forced to ponder the possibility of multiples for 3 whole weeks. Perhaps i should lie and tell them i have been having terrible cramps or something to get in early. Bah im too sick and tired to entertain the children ive got at the moment let alone.. sigh.
Sorry that all my posts of late have been complainy.
Jai did better at school this last week saving mentions of fire alarms mostly for just before and just after school.
Liam got his little kindy language and maths development scores back and he is around the top of his class, his reading is progressing so well now that the little readers at the school seem very easy for him. I am so very proud of my big boy, he is such a kind young man and he is really helpful to me, i feel that sometimes i expect too much from him, he is only 5 after all - well nearly 6 actually at the end of this month! I have a dinosaur birthday party to prepare!

9 comments:

Noel said...

Thinking single thoughts for you :)
Twins would be fun though right?!?!
Okay maybe not so much with three older kids.
Hoping things keep going well for everyone!
Noel

Julie said...

Maybe you should convince yourself it is twins so that your not shocked if it is. Remember God never gives us more than we can handle. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Penny said...

I too, will help you think single thoughts

Heather said...

Whoa! I know that you will get whatever was meant to be. :)
I always feel like I expect too much out of my oldest as well, but thinking back to my childhood, it was the same for me as the oldest child. I guess that is just how it goes. Don't feel too bad, he is a fine young man, and he will learn more independance and responsibility that way :) Mine is almost 13 now, and everyone comments on how mature and polite and nice he is. :) Thinking of you during your wait for the ultrasound. xoxoxo, Heather

Nancy said...

Oh gawd. I'm hoping for a singleton for you. Things have a funny way of working out, no matter what. Hang in there.

P.S. Maybe you can buy a sweet new bus/van? Paint flames on it or something fun. Just a thought.

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh, I sorta know what you are going through. When I was pregnant with Ella, I was also told my HCG levels were very high. My doctor scheduled me right away for an ultrasound to "see how many we got in there". We were freaking out about the possibility of twins. As it turned out, I had a cyst on one of my ovaries that apparently was producing HCG. Not that uncommon I was told. It would just go away on its own, no twins. I must say we may have been a bit disappointed at the time. Now I know better. So just wanted to let you know that it could be something else. Good luck getting through these next few weeks!!

Laura said...

Oh, Boy!! Sending single thoughts your way!!!

Kerry said...

THREE weeks?? Egad- maybe you could act hysterical so the doctor fits you in somehow.... my nurse/friend says people bend the rules all the time. I can't believe you have to wait so long!!!

anna said...

I am sorry you have to wait 3 weeks, I remember my doctor once taking my hand and running me down the hallway into a room and slabbing gel on my belly, I'm pretty sure that one wasn't billed to insurance! LOL. It will all work out.
Anna