Sunday, August 24, 2008

Just the one :)

Well its been a busy few weeks, i had a 12wk ultrasound on friday and there is only one and double bonus it looks very healthy!! Thank goodness for that, i feel alot happier about everything now, we told the family and friends after the ultrasound and now everyone is praying for a pink one ;)
I am feeling alot better now, the morning sickness is decreasing rapidly and my belly has popped out already, maternity clothes it is from now on!

Liam had his birthday yesterday, we were blessed with a perfect sunny and quite warm day, there were 14 children under 7 running around high as kites on sugar so it was crazy to say the least but i think everyone had fun, Liam certainly did! I will post some pics when i get them from my friend (my camera is broken)I will also post an ultrasound pic later, poor little mite, from the photo i have it looks like it will inherit my unfortunate nose...

The weather is starting to warm up now and the daffodils are out, ahhh finally spring is on the way, this year i really must get into the garden and make it beautiful, unfortunatly rather than a green thumb i have a black one, i even managed to kill this funny little bamboo sculpture plant which claims to only need a tablespoon or two of water once a month... I must try harder!

I booked in Holgers suprise birthday treat (the big 30 this year)which is tickets to Cirque du Soleil and a fancy dinner and night away in a spa suite hotel with out the kiddies, ahh relaxing.. i will probably enjoy it more than him LOL, i should probably buy him a drill or some other "boys toy" to make him feel manly ;)

Now im off to clean the rest of the mess from yesterday as my house looks like a tornado hit square on.

12 comments:

Julie said...

So glad all is going well with the new baby. Happy B-day Liam. Wow it is so weird to hear you say spring is there when I am thinking soon we will break out the winter clothes.

Heather said...

Awwwwe, I bet you were relieved! :)
Happy Bday to Liam.
Can I come to stay with you for your spring/summer? Then I would never have to go through winter. Not my favorite season.
When is Holgers Bday?
Mine is in Sept.
Take care Katie, glad you are feeling better. :) xoxox, Heather

Noel said...

I am so glad that the baby is looking healthy.
Happy Birthday Liam!! I can't wait to see pictures. I'm sure the boys are growing quickly!
Spring has to be my favorite time of the year too.Enjoy the night out without the kids!!
Noel

Amy said...

What wonderful news on the baby! Glad you are feeling better. Only 30?! you two are mere babes. LOL.
xoxo
Amy

Anonymous said...

Awwww - you can breathe now! The thought of two scares me to death!
I agree with Julie - it's crazy that spring is arriving there and we will soon be into fall :)

Michelle said...

glad to hear you had a good u/s appt!

camille said...

Whew! Just one! I'm hoping for a pink one for you too and am so so glad to hear that everything looks healthy. Wahoo!!

Penny said...

Good News! I am thinking Pink for you!

Mercedes said...

Congratulations to you! I'm behind on blog reading, and just found out about the baby! Hooray!

Shelley said...

Glad the scan went well - as you know I love the idea of twins but 5 could perhaps be pushing it!

Lisa said...

hope you are feeling better and your friends baby is doing ok...I can not wait to see this new baby I bet you are thinkng the same thing :)

Lisa said...

oh yeah happy late b-day liam!!!