Tuesday, April 29, 2008

life goes on....

Well, i really have been slack with the blogging!!
So Therese finally had her baby on Anzac day which we all found amusing as Mummy is an Aussie and Daddy is a New Zealander so we figure baby Jake just wanted to make both sides of the family happy! LOL another plus is although there is alot of sadness surrounding that day his birthday will always be a public holiday and should include a long weekend to have a great party!
So despite the babies babies everywhere i find myself holding them and feeling suprisingly un-clucky. Ive done my dash and im at peace with it.

Jaiden is carrying on as normal - his behaviour has been a bit unpredictable of late this afternoon he ran outside and less than two minutes later Lachie comes running in saying "Jai done a poo!" so i went to investigate thinking he might have had an accident but no. he had snuck around the side of the house where the clam shell sandpit has been hibernating waiting for a sand refill and done a great big poo in it. Other toileting dramas include suddenly dropping his dacks in public and doing a wee and recently weeing in the corner of his bedroom. I am at a loss to why this behaviour has happened - he is fully aware of the rules and knows it is wrong, i dont think he is after attention because he will try and hide it. Sigh....
On the bright side his fear of noises seems to have disapeared over night - we went and watched a local fireworks display and he loved it, didnt even cover his ears (though we were a good distance away) - His sudden interest in letters and numbers has sparked me to push him quite a bit while he is on a "learning burst" and he can recognize all numbers 1 to 9 and he can recognise heaps of different letters of the alphabet - some he says the letter name and some he says the sound, its great! Lachie startled me yesterday, he was scribbling on a bit of paper and then held the pen and made a purposeful "L" and then said 'L for Lachie' I guess although i havnt been showing him directly he is always there when i am doing work with Jaiden so he has been silently absorbing it - i was mostly impressed at the pen control since he generally only scribbles.

I got some of my blood test results back which apparently indicate something called: 'chronic sensory-motor peripheral neuropathy' which from what i have read i would rather have MS (and MS is certainly easier to say when people ask what is wrong with you!)
So getting a little anxious about that and its still along way until August and the Neuro appointment. I shouldnt dwell on it - i cant change it anyway, but i have been having alot more problems with bad stiffness in my legs and the weakness in my left side has gotten markedly worse. I have been having days where i have almost wanted to go and buy a cane to help me walk around, luckily for any longer trips to shops etc i have Lachies stroller to lean on. I have decided to amend the doorway sizes in the plans for re-modelling the house to accomedate a wheelchair incase this becomes part of my future, if not - there is nothing wrong with big doorways!

8 comments:

Heather said...

oh Katie, I wish the best for you.
I hope they are wrong. I just read a bit about it. What are the treatment options? How far has it progressed? Much love to you.. And yes it did make me feel better reading your comment. I'm glad that lady felt better. I will get out of my funk. I haven't felt this way for a long time. i usually end up getting to the point where I'm sobbing in my hubby's arms, He makes me feel better, and then it's over.

Amy said...

Oh Katie, my dear, keep up the fight to stay as healthy as possible. You are an amazing person and your future is yet to be told so many outcomes, many of them great, will happen. Much love,
Amy

Julie said...

My thoughts are with you and so are my prayers.

Noel said...

My heart and prayers go out to you. I too hope that there is something that the doctors can do to help you.
Hugs to you,
Noel

Kerry said...

Ugh, I can't beelive you have to wait so many months to see someone about your "condition"! We're thinking of you over here, and praying for some relief.

Penny said...

I am hoping for the best and hope you get some andwers soon

anna said...

Katie, I do hope you get some results sooner than later. I am sending positive thoughts and hugs your way.

Ava's Grandma Kim said...

Katie, I don't know what to say. I hope you get some answers soon. You're in my prayers.