Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Waiting...

Wow. I just got one of those punch to the stomach moments.
I was reading Penny's blog and came accross the link to Tyler's site. I hadnt seen this site before and so decided to have a squiz.
I was enjoying reading the journal entries when i came across a picture of Tyler in a spongebob costume.
BANG!
There it was. Change the hair and you had Jaiden. Then all of a sudden Jai waltzes up to the computer and starts giggling " Its ME, Its ME on the puter mum!!! My sponge bob!! Where's my sponge bob????" I then told him it was Tyler -not Jaiden on the screen and he wouldnt have it, lots of "NO MUMMY IT ME ON THERE!!" followed by a meltdown because he wanted "his" sponge bob costume and i couldnt give it to him.
Woah.
I see William's faces every day. EVERY day i see the similarities. Sometimes i come accross a photo that makes me go OH MY GOD! There is no denying it.
Hmm... but when i stop for a while i start to doubt my little self diagnosis and picture myself walking into the geneticists office only to be laughed at and sent away with a "how abserd!" comment and a wave of the hand. I think i am more nervous of being told its NOT WS than of being told it IS. Then at least the unknown is over.
12 days to the Genetics appointment, its been so long and its so close now i cant stand this waiting anymore. 12 days then of course there is the wait for the FISH results. I could scream.
Im sorry i keep posting the same topic over and over, i guess its because it plays on my mind over and over- im at the point where it shouldnt even matter, but it still does. I wonder if there are any WS families hiding in Canberra? That little boy that came into my work once certainly looked the part...
12 days.

12 comments:

Kerry said...

Don't EVER apologize about waiting for the dx - I can't beleive you don't have one yet! I would be going out of my mind. Keep us posted - thinking of you~

Lisa said...

I can't believe it either...Dr. Lisa say's its WS :) it is nutty how the kids look alike yet so different...Count down is on :)

Laura said...

Waiting for Dr. appointment days and then results is the hardest.
We're thinking of you.

Heather said...

Katie, I am getting more and more emotional for you. I know how bad that waiting and wondering sucks.
Try not to worry about what the doctors might think. Insist on the FISH test for your own sanity. I do not mind you talking about it at all. In fact I wish we weren't long distance so we could chat about it on the phone. My email is flah72@netzero.net if you ever feel like you need to talk.
Love ya! Heather

Julie said...

Don't apologize. I feel your pain. When we first found out Noah needed heart surgery they told us about WS. They did the fish test, but something happened with the way they sent it out to the lab so they could not run the test. The hospital is 2 hours away so we waited 2 months until his surgery to have them run the test again. It took a week after they drew the blood the second time to get the results. I have to say it was the longest 2 months of my life. I was convinced he had it, but husband was upset with me for searching the internet and convincing myself that Noah had it. Noah was so little that he really didn't have an obvious delay yet. I think a mother just knows. Your in my thoughts.

Amy said...

The similarities to WS and Jai are certainly uncanny, I would be surprised to hear otherwise. Either way you are still our "sister".
XOXO
Amy

Anonymous said...

Katie, I can't believe you don't have a diagnosis yet. Before I took Payton to the geneticist, I had searched and searched the internet trying to figure out what in the world was going on with her. WS kept popping up and popping up. When I saw pictures of the kids with ws, I just knew that's what she had. But still, I was so nervous the geneticist would say "nothing's wrong - you're just a worry wart mom". There's something about a mother's instinct. You are a very very patient person having waited this long. I hope the next 12 days go fast for you and I'll be thinking of you.

Penny said...

Hi Katie,

I am thinking of you. I do remember when and it's painful. You are in my thoughts,

Penny

Ava's Grandma Kim said...

I think every one of us feels your anxiety right now. It's so hard to wait for answers. I will be thinking of you...

Michelle said...

I'm sorry you're having to wait so long for the official dx, and then even after the appt you have to wait for the FISH to confirm it. The waiting is so hard, but I agree- the not knowing is harder.

Sometimes when I'm looking at something on the computer (to do with Ds) Kayla will see a girl w/Ds and go "Kayla!" LOL

Penny said...

I hope you are doing ok.

anna said...

Gosh you don't have to apologize for anything, this journal is yours, I know for me writing is therapeutic. Plus when I read others it is so helpful knowing that I am not alone and so many others are going through or have gone through the same things.
It is very stressful not knowing and waiting on results. I still remember that wait time after my amino and then I can't even tell you how long it took for the results to come back from the fish test! I think we all know what you are going through and to put it bluntly... it stinks.
I hope the time passes quickly and I will be thinking of you!