Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Babies babies everywhere...

Yay! Yesterday both my best friend and my sister found out they are pregnant!!!!
Im very excited as my sister had a lot of trouble falling pregnant with her daughter (just about to turn 2) and so she was not expecting an easy run this time.
And my best friend suffered a miscarriage at 14weeks with her second, the baby would have been due at the beginning of August so it has been a hard month for her and she is absolutely over the moon! YAY! So it looks like May will be a busy month then!

I took the kids out this morning by myself to a local place that has an awesome kids area and on Wednesdays they have face painting and balloon modeling. I used to go every week with my friend when Jaiden was little but she went back to work and It has just been to daunting.
Jaiden and Lachie were a little bit overwhelmed by the whole thing and Liam immidiatly made a friend and ran off to conquer the Bad Guys, I convinced Jaiden to get his face painted like Spiderman – but he insisted on waiting for a particular lady to do it. The place was FULL of kids Jaiden’s age running around playing adventure games with each other, Jaiden tried – he walked up to some kids and said “my names SPIDER MAN” in a growly voice and ran around in circles for a bit, One of the kids said something to him which I didn’t hear but Jaiden started having a melt down screaming “I AM SPIDER MAN” over and over at the top of his lungs until I could finally distract him.
I got a few funny looks from some parents and couldn’t take it anymore, I packed up the kids and left much to Liam’s disappointment.
I need to learn to ignore those looks, I am sure that half the people don’t mean anything by it but when it happens it feels like their eyes are burning through me judging my son and my parenting. I am becoming a hermit, it feels easier that way but I know it’s not good for the kids.
I must say I almost enjoyed a huge meltdown yesterday because my Mother in law and niece were at my house. MIL keeps saying there is nothing wrong with Jai and that he will grow out of it and that I just need to discipline him better. Yesterday gave her a little more insight I think...

3 comments:

Heather said...

Denial.... don't you love it? Even after the blood test, certain people in my extended family still say he'll grow out of it. .....sigh..... what will we do with them? I guess they will see. I wish they were right though. Really, i do. Sounds like a fun place you took the kids. Sorry you had to leave too soon. Caleb is rarely appropriate in public and we get constant looks. It used to embarass me, but not so much anymore. They don't know us or our situation. Caleb looks mostly normal, that is why we get the looks. People, it isn't bad parenting I swear it!!!! don't you wish you could just scream it out sometimes?

Nancy said...

There's a balance between retreating into the safety of your home and being out and about, I'm sure. I wouldn't feel guilty about wanting to go home. We can only take so much.

Don't you love MILs? Mine is equally helpful. We should pack them off and ship them somewhere.

Noel said...

Ditto to nacy's comment...mine is a load of "help" too. She thinks Abi will out grow it too and she has actually seen older kids with WS! Talk about denial!!!
It is hard to go places were you feel judged the whole time. I tend to show up for a little while and then run back to the comforts of home!
Noel