We went to the psychologist yesterday and basically gave a detailed explanation of all that is Jaiden, she seemed nice enough and has promised to contact J's EIU teacher and his Paediatrician to devise some sort of plan.
This morning i took J to the long awaited Paed appointment. After some examination, some conversation and a letter from J's EIU teacher he decided Jaiden has a "Anxiety disorder" (oh really? i would never have figured...) and "mood disorder" of un known origin and when i quizzed about the whole WS thing and bumping up the Genetisist appointment he told me he wouldnt have thought it's a Genetic Issue due to his Gross Motor Skills being in the average range, he has been growing well over the last 6 months and that although he is well behind with mental development, he is learning and the delay is probably due to anxiety and mood problems holding him back. So in short he said the November appointment should be fine, and that i should not bank on getting a diagnosis as cases like Jaiden are rarely diagnosed with a "specific disorder". Well.
He also said that i may have to consider medication down the track,(i have been dead against this if at all avoidable). he reccomended we hold jaiden back from mainstream pre-school next year as he feels "neither Jaiden or the Teachers will cope" at this point and to do 2008 at the EIU again and see about mainstreaming pre-school in 2009. I do agree with this and i have been quietly stressing about how he would cope.
The Paed also gave me details for a Psychology team through a local university that will do a proper evaluation and treatment plan at very low cost, which is a bit of a blessing as the Psych we saw yesterday is $150 per session and is planning on fortnightly sessions indefinatly. While of course if we have to we will find the money somewhere, i would rather not be working more days as i would miss out on being with Jai, which kind of defeats the purpose anyway...
Tommorrow we are all heading down the coast for a few days, we havnt been for a year so although its only a short break it will be nice to "escape". Maybe we will get another breakthrough from Jaiden - last time we went down was the day Jaiden went from saying Mum, Dad, & No to all of a sudden speaking his first sentance...
"The sea is scary Daddy!!!!!"
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sweetie pie, I'm sorry. I don't think that was what you were expecting to hear. My thoughts are with you. Sigh, good luck.
XOXO
Amy
Taking a break sounds like a great idea. Forget about life for awhile and just chill with your family. I hope it brings you some peace~
that is really frustrating katie :(
You make sure you stand up to them doctors. Mom's know best! I settled for the doctors inability to give me an answer for too long. That really burns my ass!
I really hope you all have a nice, relaxing trip. The sea is so soothing. breath deep and let go for awhile. xoxo, Heather
I hope you can relax and enjoy you time away. Remember, doctors don't know it all. Follow your gut and mommy instincts, they are never wrong.
I feel for you, Katie. Keep fighting and like Laura sad, go with your gut insticts. I fought and fought before I could get the doc to listen to me. You know your child better than anyone. I hope you are able to relax.
Post a Comment