Monday, July 9, 2007

Ahh.. tuesday morning, the sun is actually shining and the birds are chirping.
Jaiden got dressed without screaming and Lachie is having a morning snooze, mums coming over to visit this arvo. Oh plus i have coffee!
Life is good.
I had a Reality Check last night which involved bawling my eyes out infront of the television (brothers&sisters - the one where the baby died).
I have been an emotional wreck of late, i dont know whats causing it - i cry at the TV on a regular basis (including the world vision Ad's) which is not really somthing i do.
But now all those bad things that happen on TV are alot closer to home and alot more familier all of a sudden.
With my new found blog/forum lifestyle... Im exposed to a whole new world of people that i care about and given the situation with Jaiden many of my new 'friends' have kids that have got serious medical problems. These kids have been to hell and back through their short little lives. I admire the strength and courage of their parents - who never, ever give up hope, even under the worst of circumstances.
The problems i have are so minor by comparison that i feel ridiculous for worrying over them and writing about them, yet everytime i do, i am only met with love and support, even from those who have it so much worse.
I have three healthy little boys, a loving husband and supportive family. Everything else is a bonus. So i now vow to spend more time focusing on the good things, less time on the bad things - and do what counts, give my kids the best life i can.

7 comments:

Kerry said...

I know what you mean about caring about the "little" things while some kids have more serious problems. You can't help it, this is YOUR child after all. The I go to CHildren's Hospital for one of Brady's appointments and i see all these kids in wheelchairs, or kids who have so much more serious problems.. and I get humbled. We will always worry about the "little" things, I know I will, but we also know deep down how lucky we are too.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Noel said...

I agree with Kerry. You do still worry about the little stuff and you are constantly reminded of how lucky you really are in the situation that you have been dealt. We all go through different degrees of difficult at different times. I never thought I would be put into this world when the older three were born, now I appreciate them so much more too.

Noel

Lisa said...

Funny little things make me cry much easier then ever before...and everytime we are at hopkins I think how lucky Iam that Tatum can do what she does...But like the girls said this is our kids and I worry about every little thing...especially things that were no big deal for Emma...
I thnk you are great Katie :)

Amy said...

Crying about the little things, I sometimes don't think that is why we cry. It is just easier than thinking about the big things, which are really scary! Cry away momma! It will be ok.
XOXO
Amy

Aspen said...

Boy do I know these days too! The most emotional I have ever been...two weeks before I found out I was pregnant. (Must have been the hormones!) Are you pregnant? HA! (Only half kidding.) Thanks for your support, you an awesome example to all of us newbies.

Katie said...

Lol Aspen, no not pregnant! I must say the thought did cross my mind though!

Heather said...

Kate, I sometimes feel like you do. Caleb hasn't had the major health issues either. I still feel bad for him though because everything is 100 times harder for him than his bro. and sis. It is just heartbreaking some days. you got our love girl and don't forget it. We are here for you and for eachother. Thank goodness!! XOXO Heather