Friday, June 29, 2007

Obsessions and thanks.

I love this picture of Jaiden - Jenny, his EIU teacher took it the otherday. I feel bad that love it mostly because he looks so perfectly normal. It lets me forget my obsession with Williams Syndrome for 5 minutes - of course he doesnt have it... look at those eyes big and wide, no puffiness at all -only a slight twinkle of the cheeky-ness that comes with being 3 1/2.
I would like to give a special thanks to Jenny. Jaiden loves her - his whole face lights up when you mention its a pre-school day and he says "we go see Jenny?" 100 times before breakfast just to confirm!
I have never mentioned the Williams Syndrome thing to Jenny - Since there is currently no diagnosis then there is no real point. - The GP only gave me the geneticist referral to shut me up i think - since the echo came back clear she is less convinced, another GP reckons he is Autistic (there's no way) and the Paed wants to evaluate further but the appointments not til August.
Jenny said to me the other day on the way to the Play Scripting thing how much she adored him and how much he suprised her - the other kids in the class are all quiet and not very social mostly ASD kids. She said he is so musical, the only one to know all the songs and so social he will just run up and hug people -and tell them he loves them, Yet at the same times can totally lose the plot for no reason or if there are too many people in the bathroom washing up for lunch (the noises echo )
Despite his talking skills he seems to miss alot of whats going on...
When she said those things i almost mentioned WS, but didnt. I dont know if i should or not now - i could just say i googled over-friendliness and WS came up so i read it.
I guess i look up to Jenny ( she has done alot of great work with alot of disabled kids ) and part of me doesnt want to look stupid if it turns out he doesnt have WS after all.
Thank god i have you lot! WS or not, he has the same issues and characteristics and you guys help me out with so many things - like tips on anxiety.
So Thank you fellow bloggers and the WS websites for your support and information. I greatly appreciate it.

4 comments:

Noel said...

He is very cute! No matter if he has the WS diagnosis or not your stuck with all of us blogger moms!!

Noel

Amy said...

Aww geez what a gorgeous boy! Sometimes you just need to sit back and enjoys the gifts of WS, like the love and music in Jaiden's heart that so few children on this earth have...
XOXO
Amy

Heather said...

Awww, what a good picture. Katie, I've been in your shoes just recently about whether to tell or not, because of not being sure. Hey, he is definitley similar, if not officially WS, so it might help the teachers to know a little about it.?? You could just say that he is suspected, blood test pending. I'm glad that you are on the right track so soon in his life. Oh yeah, the questions they ask over and over and over and over....and over. Caleb does that too. It is really something. really. Sigh...... Sounds like a great time you had at the trivia night.. Sorry Mr. Blue Mts. You know how us girls are though.:)

Aspen said...

What a beautiful face! You are right, I love this picture! Precious...