Tuesday, July 15, 2008

ugh

I spoke to soon, morning sickness has set in and rather explosively at that, the kids run around doing "mummy throwing up" impressions and trying to hide this from the family and my boss for the next 5 weeks could become more challenging!
Thats one bad thing about being pregnant with a heightened sense of smell and working in a Pet Shop, its that pungent odor when you first walk in in the morning...

On an unrelated note i have discovered a way to prevent Jai using up all the toothpaste in one day, all i need to do is leave the fan on in the bathroom and he wont go in there! Can't cover your ears and brush your teeth at the same time, heh heh heh, and at least now i wont have to buy shares in colgate.

Jai's been plodding along steadily, he is slightly anxious at the moment and spiders are being talked about again ~sigh~ also he seems to have some sort of policeman obsession for no apparent reason at the moment, he loves them and talks about them all the time and if we see a police car he gets all excited, the part that im curious about is the last few days now, when i have asked him to stop doing something or other and he says "Or the policeman take me away? take me away to jail?" and he starts getting upset, I have no idea where he has gotton this notion from but its beginning to get annoying.

I am going out for a hot chocolate (since the thought of coffee makes me ill) this morning with a friend at a kiddy play place, she has two sons and one more due in about 8 weeks so getting in some fun before her bubba is born.

6 comments:

Noel said...

I'm sorry you have morning sickness. It would be hard to work in a pet store and be pregnant, you are totally right!

Maybe the obsession thing is just going around :)

Noel

Heather said...

I always love your updates! I'm sorry you feel so yucky though. Oooooh I remember the super smelling powers that came with pregnancy!
I know all about obsessions, just don't know what to do to cure them. It's tough. The fan in the bathroom, I'm sorry, but that had me cracking up :)
feel better soon!

Amy said...

Oh boy, you never cease to amze me. Congrats on the new baby coming your way.
xoxo
amy

Julie said...

Hope you feel better soon. Morning sickness is awful especially when you have little ones at home.

Laura said...

Hope the morning sickness passes soon!!
I'm laughing out loud over the fan!!!

Michelle said...

sorry to hear the morning sickness caught up with you! Hope it passes quickly!