I am ever amused by Jaiden's tales, the kid might not be the brightest spark but he sure knows how to spin a yarn! I cant believe that not much over a year ago he could only say a few words.
Today was his first day of big boy pre-school, he proudly walked all the way to school with his brand new red dinosaur schoolbag on his back and a big grin on his face. I think i was far more daunted than he was by all the unfamilar people crowding the small pre-school complex. There were small children screaming after there parents and mothers planning their child free days together. Everyone seemed so big. We were welcomed into the classroom and were seated in a carpeted space with several different puzzles to choose from to make with our children before saying goodbye, i located a Jaiden-suitable puzzle and retreated to a back corner of the room where just one lady was building with her son. The lady introduced her son as Nate and i suddenly remembered one of Jaidens EIU teachers had said to look out for a Nate that would be in his class, i asked her if she knew Cathy and she did of course, Canberra is a very small place sometimes. She has 3 sons aswell and as fate would have it her middle son is in Liams Kindy class! Nate and Jai played next to each other in the "kitchen" area for a bit having given up on the puzzles and then it was time to say goodbye. I started to leave with a slightly heavy heart and looked up to see a baby with a dummy smiling at me. Suddenly I realised I had forgotton about poor Lachie strapped into his stroller, just inside the classroom door quietly wondering where on earth mummy had gone, i made a quick recovery and thanks to the abundance of people, nobody seemed to notice my momentary memory lapse - Lachie grinned at me "Lets go, mummy!" and with my heart beating rather fast we made a quick exit.
Lachie went off to Oma's house for the morning and i met up with my mother and went shopping, then it was time to pick up Jai. Mum stayed with Lachie to make sure i wouldnt repeat the mornings embarressing blunder and risk attracting the attention of child services!
I arrived at the pre-school classroom and peered through the window, Jai was sitting beautifully on the matt with the other kids listening to a story, they finished and began pileing out the door, except Jai who was still standing looking around the hallway somewhat confused. It turned out the teacher had told them to check their "craft pockets" for notes to take home, put their drink bottles in their bags and go see mum or dad. He got stuck at the craft pockets and wasnt sure which was his and what to do next. I helped him gather his belongings and we headed down the path towards home. I asked what he had done at school today and this was the response i got:
"We saw lions and a bear and big big biiiig bear! and there was a monster in the bin and miss clarke said no no no! and SMASHED the lid down like this ~makes smacking down motion with both hands~ and then we went on the aeroplane and went high high HIGH in the sky and flew down down down into the water with SPLASH (full hand gestures) and went in the swimming pool, and i like swimming pool."
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
How do you know that didn't really happen(;
XOXO
Amy
I am so gald the day went well. Good for you!!
Noel
Sounds like he had a really good day!
Glad he had a good day.
That's so wonderful he had a good day!
I'm glad he had fun! :) Poor Lachie ;) xoxo
I love his story! Man - he can tell a good one, can't he?!
So glad he had a good day. Yup - I've had memory lapses like that too!
Post a Comment